Where can one participate in world class events, attend festivals and eat at prize-winning restaurants? Where can one engage in outdoor recreation, ranging from beach activities to mountain hiking and skiing all while enjoying four distinct seasons? From where does one have easy access to some of America’s largest and most dynamic cities, where you can rub elbows with people from all different ethnicities, nationalities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds? Where can one engage with some of America’s most educated and successful people all while affecting positive change? The answer– Washington, DC and the Eastern Seaboard.
Members of the Truman State University Mid-Atlantic Alumni Chapter come from the Carolinas in the South to New York in the North to West Virginia in the West. Join us as we regularly take advantage of the benefits of the region we call “home”. Whether you are interested in renewing old friendships, building new ones, creating memories or giving back to the University, the chapter offers something for everyone.
2017 Chapter Events:
- January 26: Kennedy Center Connect
- February 18: Newseum Screening of “Holocaust: The Untold Story”
- March: National TruCare Service Event
- April 12: National vs. Cardinals Baseball Game
- May 7: Race for Hope 5K
- June 3: Union Market/Food and Friends or So Others May Eat
- July 7: Jazz in the Garden
- August 19: Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture Visit
- September: DC United Game
- October 14: Homecoming Palonza Lunch
- November 10: Moonlight Hike at Great Falls
- December 9: National Harbor Holiday Festival
- Danny Hague (’13), President
- Nora Graves (’10), Vice President
- Justis Tuia (’07), Treasurer & National Alumni Board Representative
- Dave Korkoian (’05), Programming Coordinator
- Michael Baharaeen (’13), Intern Coordinator
Seeing other alumni makes your new city not seem so ‘large’ and it’s just fun knowing someone else who has the Truman/Kirksville experience. So, after graduation, give yourself some time and process your new life, new experiences and then get connected with a chapter. You won’t regret it!
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.