Just one state away, there’s a Truman Alumni Chapter passionate about forging connections, whether it’s with the University that still feels like home, our communities or most individually, in the lives of our local alumni and currently enrolled Truman students. Hailing from across the great state of Iowa, we’re an active and engaged group. No matter our age, what Iowa city we live in or our profession, we’re a welcoming group committed to investing in our communities and the university.
We look forward to seeing you at our next event, whether we’re volunteering, learning more about local history and the arts or just spending time with others who care as much about Truman and the ideals the university embodies as we do.
2018 Chapter Events:
- January 23: Trivia at Blue Moon, West Des Moines
- February 10: Iowa Gold Star Museum, Johnston
- March 15: Band/Music Major Event, Des Moines
- March 24: TruCare Service Event, Des Moines
- April 22: 17th Annual Ronza & Family Game Night, Des Moines
- May 18: Neil Smith Prairie Tour, Des Moines
- June 30: Iowa cubs Game and Tailgate, Des Moines
- July 18: Jazz in July, Des Moines
- July 29: New Student Send-Off, Central Iowa
- August 18: Reiman Gardens, Ames
- September 18: Beer & Food Pairings, Central Iowa
- October 13: Truman Homecoming Tailgate, Kirksville, MO
- October 18: Pella Tulip Planting & Historical Tour, Pella
- November 18: Thanksgiving Service Event, TBA
- December 1: Victorian Holiday Stroll, Albia
- December 1: Truman Wrestling at Simpson College, Indianola
- Cindy Spiker (’93), President
- Sebastian Speer (’06), Treasurer
- Jean Kaul (’09), Communications Director & National Board Representative
- Angela Worley Petersen (’10, ’11), Social Media Chair
- Kent Donaldson (’90), Executive Board
- Gerald Hollingsworth (’67), Executive Board
- Cindy (Barnes) Moeller (’86), Executive Board
I love my alumni chapter. Our group does so many things around the city that I never knew existed. It’s a great way to meet people outside your normal social circle and of course, network! It’s a low-commitment, fun way to still be involved with the University and get to hear about Truman’s happenings.
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.