The Colorado Alumni Chapter provides alumni the chance to reminisce and network. The chapter is composed of people from all eras of Truman’s history and members go as far back as Northeast Missouri State Teacher’s College. It is a great way to learn about the history of Truman while making new friends and contacts.
The chapter provides many opportunities to see old and new friends. Events range from a day at the park playing the same lawn games as we did in Kirksville, to a day on the slopes skiing or snowboarding. New events and ideas are always welcome to cater to the many tastes and hobbies of the Truman Colorado Alumni.
The Colorado Alumni Chapter offers a home away from home. It provides mentoring for new graduates and an opportunity to network with new and old alumni.
2017 Chapter Events:
- January 21: Ski Day and BBQ, Winter Park Resort
- March 5: Colorado Avalanche vs. St. Louis Blues Hockey Game, Pepsi Center
- May 9: Bingo, Grandma’s House Collective Brewery
- August 6: Bulldog BBQ and New Student Send-Off, City Park
- September 23: “Pursue the Future” Campaign Event, Denver
- November 11: Bowling, Location TBA
- Jessica (Lufkin) Zaegel (’08), President
- Thomas Riggle (’05), Vice President
- Nathaniel Holmes (’07), Treasurer
- Elizabeth Bonanno (’09), Secretary
- Nicole Everhart (’07), Social Media
- Pamela Popp (’83), National Alumni Board Representative
- Roxanne Warner (’07), Membership Coordinator
Our alumni chapters are full of men and women who have been through Truman and have been where you have. They are the best people to get acquainted with, especially in a new area. They are also some pretty amazing people you will want to know!
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.