Living in the hustle and bustle of Chicago can be very exciting, but sometimes it’s nice to be around others that appreciate a smaller community like Truman. In the Chicago Alumni Chapter, there are opportunities to volunteer, have fun, and support Truman!
Come share experiences with the Chicago Bulldog Community!
2018 Chapter Events:
- February 18: Loop Happy Hour (Welcome December Grads!)
- March 18: TruCare Service Event
- April 14: Wine Tasting at Lynfred Winery
- May 18: Loop Happy Hour (Welcome May Grads!)
- September 18: Loop Happy Hour
- October 18: Truman Connect Cocktail Reception
- Mary Weingartner (’93), President
- Lori (Colburn) Smerz (’93), Secretary
- Sean Morris (’05), Treasurer
- Baillie Cloyd (’09), Event Chair
- Ashley (Hanson) Weinrich (’05), Social Media Chair
- Lizz Esfeld (’10), Alumni Board Representative
I instantly had a connection with people who could provide great advice on things from sites to see and where to eat, to what neighborhood to live in, and where to buy my CTA pass. It’s a very supportive network of individuals that helped me break into a new city and establish my life after graduation.
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.