Living in the hustle and bustle of Chicago can be very exciting, but sometimes it’s nice to be around others that appreciate a smaller community like Truman. In the Chicago Alumni Chapter, there are opportunities to volunteer, have fun, and support Truman!
Come share experiences with the Chicago Bulldog Community!
2017 Chapter Events:
- January 26: Loop Happy Hour (Welcome December Grads!)
- February 18: Revolution Brewery Tour
- March 25: National TruCare Service Events
- City Location: Lakeview Pantry
- Suburban Location: Feed My Starving Children
- May 24: Loop Happy Hour (Welcome May Grads!)
- July 22: Cubs vs. Cardinals Baseball Game
- August 17: Loop Happy Hour and 150th Celebration
- September 23: Indoor Golf at Topgolf
- October TBA: Truman Connect Cocktail Reception
- Mary Weingartner (’93), President
- Joy Bulen (’12), Vice President
- Lori (Colburn) Smerz (’93), Secretary
- Sean Morris (’05), Treasurer
- Baillie Cloyd (’09), Event Chair
- Ashley (Hanson) Weinrich (’05), Social Media Chair
- Lizz Esfeld (’10), Alumni Board Representative
I instantly had a connection with people who could provide great advice on things from sites to see and where to eat, to what neighborhood to live in, and where to buy my CTA pass. It’s a very supportive network of individuals that helped me break into a new city and establish my life after graduation.
August 14, 2017
Truman has been designated as one of only 20 public colleges profiled as a best buy in “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2018.” To receive a “Best Buy” designation, schools had to have high academic rankings, an inexpensive or moderate price, and a high quality of student life on campus. This year’s edition marks the 34th […]
August 14, 2017
On Sept. 2, the University will officially be 150 years old. To celebrate the sesquicentennial anniversary, there will be a variety of activities throughout the 2017-18 academic year. For additional information on events and future updates, check out the sesquicentennial website at 150.truman.edu.