Applying for Alumni Chapter Status
Public university in the Midwest for 18 years running (U.S. News & World Report)
Truman Alumni Clubs Can Become an Official Alumni Chapter
Truman's Alumni Clubs can apply for an Alumni Chapter Charter and become an official Truman Alumni Chapter. Like our Alumni Clubs, Truman's Alumni Chapters host events that bring alumni and other members of the Truman family together—plus much more!
Additional Benefits Offered by Alumni Chapters
Annual membership dues paid by Alumni Chapter members allow Alumni Chapters to support additional programming to connect you with the University in addition to providing benefits designed exclusively for Alumni Chapter members, such as discounts to events, campus perks, and travel discounts nationwide.
Application requirements for an Alumni Club to receive
an Alumni Chapter Charter include:
- The Alumni Club must receive approval of Truman's Alumni/Advancement Office.
- The Alumni Club must meet criteria for alumni population base.
- The Alumni Club must form an executive board or committee.
- The Alumni Club must host two or more events per year and submit a list of attendees for each event (events require advance approval and coordination with the Alumni Office).
- The Alumni Club must obtain a commitment from at least 15 alumni, parents or friends of the University who will become chapter members and pay annual membership dues ($20 for a single membership/$30 for a joint membership.)
- The Alumni Club must select an individual who is willing to serve as the chapter representative to the Truman Alumni Board of Directors.
- The Alumni Club must send a representative/s to the fall Alumni Leadership Conference and Truman Alumni Association Board of Directors October meeting held on campus Homecoming weekend.
For More Information
Contact Denise Smith, director of alumni relations, dlsmith@Truman.edu.
"The atmosphere at Truman is warm. People here are friendly and are willing to help you whenever you need it. Also, there are plenty of organizations available to help international students to make new friends, understand new cultures, and enjoy life in America."
– Anh Duc M., Mathematics & Economics, Vietnam