Truman's residence halls and on-campus apartments are home to 99 percent of first-time freshmen in addition to many returning students. A variety of off-campus housing options in the Kirksville community surrounding Truman State University are available too.
However, before signing an off-campus lease, you should consider some reasons why living on Truman's campus is an attractive option.
- Your GPA: Students who live on campus have a higher GPA and are therefore more likely to retain scholarship money than students who move off campus.
- Convenience: Roll out of bed, throw on some sweatpants, and two minutes later you can be in your seat and on time for class.
- Service: Our on-campus housing has a no-cost fix-it service to make sure everything is working correctly.
- Safety: On-campus residents have access, through the University's Department of Public Safety, to 24-hour emergency services. Plus the residence hall buildings have extra security measures at night
- Support: If you are struggling with roommate or personal troubles, our Residence Life Office has staff available 24/7 to help you through tough patches.