While Truman's residence halls and University apartments are home to 99 percent of our freshmen and a majority of our sophomore, juniors, and seniors, students also have a variety of off-campus housing options in the Kirksville community surrounding Truman State University. The Student Affairs Office provides some resources that may help you located off-campus housing.
Before signing that off-campus lease, we do want you to consider some great reasons they living on campus is an attractive option.
- Your GPA—Students who live on campus have a higher GPA and are more likely to retain scholarship money than those who move off campus.
- Convenience—Roll out of bed, throw on some sweatpants, and two minutes later you are in your seat, on time for class.
- Service—Our on-campus housing has 24-hour service to make sure everything is working correctly.
- Safety—Kirksville is known for being a relatively safe place to live. On-campus residents have access, through the University's Department of Public Safety, to 24-hour emergency services.
- Support—If you are struggling with your roommates, our Residence Office can help with staff available 24/7 to help you through those tough patches.