National rankings consistently praise Truman State University, and the message is loud and clear—Truman has a longstanding reputation for providing an exceptionally high-quality education paired with an outstanding economic value. As a result, Truman is consistently ranked among the nation’s best colleges and universities. And you don’t have to take our word for it. Here’s what others are saying about Truman State University.
One of the Best Universities in the Midwest
- No. 1 Public University in the Midwest region for 21 years running; Truman is the only Missouri university in the top 10 and also tied for No. 8 overall in the Midwest region. More»
—U.S. News & World Report’s “America’s Best Colleges” (2018)
- Named among “The Best 382 Colleges.” More»
—Princeton Review’s College Guide (2018)
- The best “hidden gem” college in the state of Missouri. More»
—College Raptor (2016)
- No. 49 on list of best public colleges in the U.S. More»
—Business First/The Business Journals (2016)
One of the Nation’s Best Values for High-Quality Academics
- Named among “Colleges That Pay You Back: The 200 Schools That Give You the Best Bang for Your Tuition Buck.” More»
—Princeton Review (2018)
- No. 4 master’s university in the nation. Also listed as No. 6 among public schools in the Midwest region in the “Best Bang for the Buck” category. More»
—Washington Monthly (2017)
- Truman is the highest rated Missouri public school to be included in the 2018 Best College Values ranking.” More»
—Kiplinger’s Personal Finance (2018)
- One of 20 public colleges profiled as a “Best Buy” school noted for its quality academic offerings and affordable cost. More»
—Fiske Guide to Colleges (2018)
- No. 1 on the list of best values for public colleges and universities. More»
—Consumers Digest (June 2015)
- “A nationally recognized leader in curriculum innovation and one of the best education values in the nation.”
—Barron’s Best Buys in College Education (11th edition)
- One of the top 10 most affordable public universities for in-state students; Truman is the only Missouri school to make the top 10. More»
- One of the best colleges in Missouri for the money. More»
A College of Distinction
- Recognized for commitment to engaged students, great teaching, vibrant community, and successful student outcomes. A College of Distinction is:
- Nationally recognized by education professionals as an excellent school.
- Strongly focused on teaching undergraduates.
- Home to a wide variety of innovative learning experiences.
- An active campus with many opportunities for personal development.
- Highly valued by graduate schools and employers for its outstanding preparation.
Talented and Smart Athletes
- The Great Lakes Valley Conference (GLVC) recognized seven Truman teams as recipients of the 2016-17 Team Academic All-GLVC Award. The GLVC recognizes each team from member institutions that have maintained a 3.30 grade point average for the academic year. The seven Truman squads recognized include softball (3.47), women’s cross country (3.47), women’s swimming & diving (3.47), women’s track & field (3.44), women’s soccer (3.40), men’s soccer (3.33), and men’s cross country (3.30). More»
—Great Lakes Valley Conference (2017)
- Truman has been a national leader in producing Academic All-Americans with 113 since the program’s inception in the 1950s.
—College Sports Information Directors of America, www.cosida.com
The liberal arts and sciences have taught me not what to think, but how to think. I feel incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to sit and think and talk through complex ideas with the leaders in their respective fields. This university has prepared me, not for a specific career with one skill set, but the tools to succeed in an ever increasingly diverse and complex society.