The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) is an independent corporation and one of two commission members of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), which is one of six regional institutional accreditors in the United States. The Higher Learning Commission accredits degree-granting post-secondary educational institutions in the North Central region.
Truman State University has been accredited since 1914 by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Truman has maintained full accreditation for all of its programs through the years since then.
Click here to view Truman's current affiliation status with the Higher Learning Commission.
Various agencies also fully accredit specific programs including:
- AACSB International–The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Chemical Society
- American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education